HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HOMEMADE BANANA FOSTER FRENCH TOAST
Hey y’all! It’s been a long time since I uploaded a breakfast recipe. In this post I’m going to show you how to make homemade banana foster french toast easily. If you’re not familiar with banana foster, just imagine bananas fried in a buttery brown sugar syrup. Sounds good right? Well now imagine that on top of fluffy golden french toast… Now we’re talking !!! Believe it or not, banana foster french toast is super easy to make, and I’m going to show you how.
For this recipe you’ll need some Texas Toast, or thick cut toast. Do NOT use regular sandwich bread, because it will not be the same. This recipe calls for bourbon vanilla extract. In my opinion, the bourbon vanilla extract makes this banana foster french toast freaking ah-mazing. However, if you only have regular vanilla extract, you can use it.
I like to use super ripe bananas whenever I make banana foster, because of the soft texture & sweetness. If you don’t like to use super ripe bananas, it’s okay! Use what you like.
As far as the butter used in this recipe, make sure that it’s salted! And if you really want to get fancy with this french toast, top it off with some toasted pecans ( I would have, but I ran out:- …). Okay, enough of my yapping. Let’s get to the recipe!
- 12 slices of french toast bread OR thick sliced bread
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp bourbon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Banana Foster
- 2 large ripe bananas, cut
- ½ cup of butter, salted
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup of whipping cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp bourbon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rum extract
- French Toast
- In large bowl or dish, crack open three eggs and beat them.
- Next pour in the milk, and add in the : granulated sugar,vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir, then pour in the melted butter, and stir again.
- Start adding the bread to milk and egg mixture. Let each slice stay in the wet mix for about 10 seconds.
- Spray your pan or griddle with non stick spray, and place it over medium heat.
- Once the griddle/pan is hot, add the bread on top.
- Toast each side of the bread until it is nice and golden brown.
- Banana Foster
- In a large pan, combine ½ cup brown sugar, ½ cup butter, ¼ whipping cream, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground nutmeg, and ¼ tsp salt.
- Mix, then bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Drizzle in 1 tsp of bourbon vanilla, and 1 tsp of rum extract, then stir.
- Add in the bananas, fold in, and turn off the heat.
- Let cool for 3 minutes, then drizzle the banana foster over the french toast.
- Serve, and enjoy!
BANANA FOSTER FRENCH, TOAST